There will be no fundamental change in our product line up, deployment and operation of our products. CloverETL Designer and Server will simply become CloverDX Designer and CloverDX Server.
1. EULA, Support policy - There is no essential change to EULA, product packaging or support structure, except the name. Both CloverETL and CloverDX share the same support policy. You can review EULA and Support policy on the following page: https://www.cloverdx.com/legal. The documents have been updated with respect to the new name.
2. Legal entity: CloverDX, just like CloverETL, are trading brands of our legal entity Javlin (Inc., Ltd., a.s.) which remains unchanged for now. If you have any questions related to your own contract, please contact our sales department.
3. License, Maintenance, Lifecycle - CloverDX continues using the same lifecycle, release cycle, maintenance intervals and support policy as before. We retire old releases after 12 months after initial release and end their lifecycle 24 months after the initial release, no matter their name. The CloverDX 5.0 should be treated as usual major release after CloverETL 4.9 (product release prior to 5.0 remain branded CloverETL).
4. Upgrade - Customers using any previous version of CloverETL eligible for an upgrade can move on to CloverDX 5.0 as they would do with any other version.
The recommended method of upgrading the Designer to CloverDX is to download a brand new installation file and run it. The Designer will be installed as a new application to a new folder called CloverDX Designer (so both application are installed at the same time). If CloverDX Designer uses the same workspace as CloverETL Designer, some menu items and perspective name will still contain CloverETL. The solution is to use the a workspace.
6. Activating product - The procedure keeps unchanged. As the CloverDX 5.0 is a new major release, you have to renew your license key, just like before. For more information about activating the product see the related article.
7. Additional - The Designer and Server comes with changes in UI, icons, visible labels and product name mentioned in log files.
Package names and Eclipse plugin identifiers remain unchanged (e.g. com.cloveretl.*, cloveretl.engine) therefore any custom code that is referencing our java classes should work without any change necessary.
Should you have any concerns never hesitate to contact CloverCARE, even if it's just for a little advice and reassurance.