CloverDX Designer is also Eclipse-based and therefore is susceptible to this issue. To help our users run Designer on Intel macs, we’ve prepared a workaround described in this KB article.
How does the issue affect CloverDX Designer?
CloverDX Designer is based on Eclipse framework and uses an internal browser to display various web pages as part of its function. Most commonly, following situations require web browser:
- When Designer is first started or when new workspace is create, Welcome page is shown via browser window.
- When configuring OAuth2 connection and using built-in browser to authorize the connection. As a workaround in this situation, you can use “Authorize using external browser” setting to pop-up external browser window instead of the built-in one.
- When logging into CloverDX Server with Single Sign-On (SSO) enabled.
We've built a simple script that you can copy to your computer to run your CloverDX Designer in safe way. The script starts CloverDX Designer in slightly different way than usual – without using CloverDX launcher – and will prevent the browser issue from crashing the Designer.
To install the script and use the script, follow these steps:
- Download a script depending on your version of CloverDX. We provide the scripts in zip archives to ensure that they have proper permissions. To use the script, extract it from the archive.
- Update the extracted script to match your environment:
- Change value of CLOVERDX_VERSION variable on line 4 to match your exact version. For example, if you are on CloverDX 5.16.1, please change the value like this: CLOVERDX_VERSION="5.16.1"
- Run the script. If you tried running Designer before and confirmed its security exception, the script should start the Designer right away. If you have a fresh installation of Designer, you will get dialog like this:
You need to first allow CloverDX Designer to run on your mac. This is done by first starting the Designer from context menu via “Open” action and confirming security exception in the following dialog:
Once you perform the above steps, running the script again will start the Designer immediately without any additional confirmation dialogs.
If you have any issues with the script, please contact CloverDX Support.